Quality assistance, cooperative oversight.
Achieve the market value standard uniformly for all classes of property statewide.
Foster the counties’ capability to independently fulfill their statutory obligations.
Develop state-county relationships that are communicated so thoroughly that no surprises can occur.
Exceeded Customer Expectations
Understand and exceed all customer expectations.
1. Achieve effective, single-point coordination between county officials and the division.
2. Provide quality technical assistance to counties through:
- Classroom Training
- On-the-job Training
- FAA Audits
- Contract Appraisal Expertise
- Market Data Sharing and Analysis
- State-County Project Coordination, Partnership & Responsibility.
3. Oversee county performance in a cooperative spirit through:
- Assessment/Sale Ratio Study
- 5-Year Cycle Audit
- Compliance Support Via Technical Assistance
- Corrective Action Only As a Last Resort.
4. Equalize railroad assessments through an assessment/sales ratio study of locally assessed commercial properties.